Sat 10 Dec 2016, 7.30pm-1am, Royal Standard, St Marys Rd. S2 4AX
Sat 10 Dec 2016, 3pm St Marks Church, Broomfield Rd. S10 2SE
Sat 10 Dec 2016 from 11am, Weston Park Museum S10 2TP
Sat 10 Dec 2016, 12-3pm, Abbeyfield Park House S4 7AT
Sat 10 Dec 2016, 12-1pm, outside Sheffield Town Hall
Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7pm-9pm, Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James St. St. S1 2EW
Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11am-5pm, Access Space, Unit 1, AVEC Building, 3-7 Sidney St. S1 4RG
Fri 16 Dec 2016, 10am-6pm, Union Street S1 2JP
Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12-3pm, Abbeyfield Park House S4 7AT
Sat 17 Dec 2016, assemble 1pm, Devonshire Green S1 4HG
- Not a single city centre store pays the Living Wage £8.25p per hour (set by the Living Wage Foundation).
- The Tories’ so-called National Living Wage (£7.20p per hour) is the new Minimum Wage – but only to those over 25 years old. Those aged 18 to 20 only get £5.55p per hour.
- Bosses can afford it – they just don’t want to pay it.
- Bullying bosses make unreasonable demands – and threaten you with the sack if you don’t comply.
- Most workers have seen their pay packets fall in real terms since the Crash – and working families are worse off.
- For many workers it’s not just low pay: zero-hours contracts mean you never know how many hours work you’ll get a week.
- Bogus self-employment means you take on all the risks – and get no holiday pay or sick pay
March from Devonshire Green to a 2pm rally and speakers on City Hall steps. Estimated finishing time 3pm. Bring your banners. They welcome especially all underpaid workers who need this campaign to help them get a pay rise, it is aimed at all workers, not just those on the minimum wage.
Sheffield Trades Council